TopNav skin width + TOC nodes hidden by browser scrollbar

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bunnycat
Propeller Head

TopNav skin width + TOC nodes hidden by browser scrollbar

Post by bunnycat »

For my TopNav HTML5 help, I'm experiencing a problem with the TopNav menu items "bumping into" and being hidden by the browser scrollbar at 100% screen usage (1900x1200 resolution).

I use a skin where I've set the Main width to 93% - to allow the most usable amount of TopNav Top Menu real estate.
I have help systems that have a requirement for a good number of Top menu items (yes, I know we're supposed to limit the number, but I cannot at the moment).

Behavior - for the very right-most TOC node, any entries in the TOC node are being hidden/bump into the browser scrollbar, which abruptly cuts them off. There are sub-nodes under there that have sub-topics, so I'd expect at least to see the flyouts and be able to access the flyouts. Nope.

I suspect it has something to do with balancing the TOC node label length with the space allotted for each TOC item, but I've not been able to find the sweet spot.
TopNavMenu_wontWrap.png
Is this something folks have seen/solved before? Should I report it to MadCap support?

I don't see many places where I could change the styles or alter the skins to do something else. I will beg my colleague to reduce the number of top level TOC items, but not sure how much we can cut.

Thanks!!

CAT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.