Image as a link to a topic

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
joshua_cline
Propeller Head

Image as a link to a topic

Post by joshua_cline »

Hi all. I am new to flare and CSS in general. I am trying to make an image on my home page link to another topic rather than the text below the image. How can I accomplish this? See the attachment. Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Image as a link to a topic

Post by atomdocs »

With the topic displayed in the Flare XML editor, you can right-click the image and then click Hyperlink Image in the shortcut menu. This opens the standard Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

The drop-down menu at the top of the dialog box is set to File in Project by default, but you can choose another target option there if you want.

Using the File in Project option, you can then select the topic that you want to link to. That's all you need to do, but note that you can also link to a bookmark in that topic if you want.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
joshua_cline
Propeller Head

Post by joshua_cline »

That is great! Thank you so much!
heathe_bean
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by heathe_bean »

Hi,

I am also brand new to Flare and CSS, and I am attempting to do something very similar, but I don't want to link my image to a topic. Is there any way to link an image to a folder? For example, my knowledge base contains a folder for each department in our company and each folder contains individual topics for each department.

One person recommended making a topic for each department and then having an index in the topic, but I am not sure how to index items to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
lorynj
Propeller Head

Post by lorynj »

Hi heathe_bean

The recommendation is correct. You create a topic in your TOC that contains child topics. Then you insert either a mini-TOC proxy or a menu proxy.

The following image shows how it can be done.
TOC Proxies.png
And here's the output: http://www.franchisecloudsolutions.com/ ... Config.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loryn Jenkins
Technical Writer and Consultant
Franchise Cloud Solutions