Pre-merge Search Database

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
RGoerlich
Jr. Propeller Head

Pre-merge Search Database

Post by RGoerlich »

Hi everybody,

at the moment I deal with the conversation of my HTML-Help-projects into HTML5 (Tri-pane). It
consists of one main and seven subprojects. Most of the problems I coul'd solved (an I love flare more and more).

Now I try do some fine tuning:
I want to use the "Pre-merge Index File/Pre-merge Search Database File" option. The documentation says
"You must generate and publish all linked Help systems at the same time." What does this exactly mean?
At the moment I first generate all sub projects (running a batch with commandlines) and the last step is generating
the main project (in the same batch). Is this OK or is there a more effective way?
Do I need to set the option "Pre-merge Search Database" only in the main project or in the sub projects too?
(my projects are rather big, so it takes nearly an hour to generate all projects)
I hope, my questions are not to stupid, but I'm trying to understand the working principles of merged projects.
Perhaps anybody can give some explanations.

Thanks in advance
Ralf