Linking to Folders

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
heathe_bean
Jr. Propeller Head

Linking to Folders

Post by heathe_bean »

Hi,

I am brand new to flare and brand new to CSS, so I would really appreciate as much detail as possible.

I have cards in my Masterpage that have titles and font awesome icons. The cards are called Articles, Change Announcements, and Contact Us.

In my Topics folder for my project, I have folders that correspond to the cards. The folders are called Articles, Change Announcements, and Contact Us. Each of these folders contain multiple topics.

What I would like to do is link the cards in the master page to the folders in my topics so that a reader could click the articles icon on the card and be directed to the articles menu.

I know I cannot directly link to a folder, but what else can I do and how?

I tried to made a topic called articles and place a menu proxy that points to my articles toc in the topic, but it just returns a blank page when I build.

Not sure what else I can do. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Linking to Folders

Post by NorthEast »

heathe_bean wrote:I tried to made a topic called articles and place a menu proxy that points to my articles toc in the topic, but it just returns a blank page when I build.
Make sure that the "articles" item in the TOC is linked to this topic.
If the menu proxy is context sensitive, the menu is only displayed if the topic is contained in the TOC.
heathe_bean
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Linking to Folders

Post by heathe_bean »

Thank-you! Got it up and running. :)