Links to external sites aren't opening those sites

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

Links to external sites aren't opening those sites

Post by SDWriterClmt »

Maybe this is a silly question, but if I insert a hyperlink in a topic, once published as HTML5 shouldn't that link open a new browser window or tab at least, and load the linked site?

In our Help project I have hyperlinks in topics to various external sites, mostly Gov't sites. It's just been brought to my attention that these links don't work. Or at least don't work well. I can't recall for sure but I believe that they used to open okay. When using Edge it displays a message saying:

==========
This content can’t be shown in a frame
There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.
==========

Is there a way to get the links to work smoothly? I have explored the Target's Advanced options. The nearest thing I found to a related setting is the "Prevent external URLs from frames". But it isn't selected, and in any case I don't think it really has anything to do with this situation.
SDWriterClmt
Propeller Head

Re: Links to external sites aren't opening those sites

Post by SDWriterClmt »

Figured it out. I can manually add target="_blank" to the hyperlinks. I still feel like these links worked correctly at some point previous. Oh well.

<a href="http://www.hyperlinkcode.com/new-window.php" target="_blank">New Browser Window</a>