Customising TOC topic icons in HTML5 Tri-pane output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
William
Jr. Propeller Head

Customising TOC topic icons in HTML5 Tri-pane output

Post by William »

Hi all,

I'm attempting to assign specific TOC icons to sets of topics for display in the HTML5 tri-pane. For example the aim might be to show different icons in the TOC for 'task', 'concept', and 'interface' topics.

My understanding is that this requires:
  • Creation of a TOCEntry style for each of the classes of topic.
  • Specification of an icon in the TocIcons property of each TOCEntry style.
  • Assignment of the appropriate TOCEntry style to each topic.
The documentation that I have found online (for example https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/201 ... bhelp-toc/ and https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... le%20class) indicates that new TOCEntry styles can be created in the Styles tab of the relevant skin.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any reference to the TOCEntry style in the Styles tab. Does anyone know where it is located? Alternatively, is there any other way of customising the TOC on a per-topic basis?

Cheers,
William
kel322
Propeller Head

Re: Customising TOC topic icons in HTML5 Tri-pane output

Post by kel322 »

I've been researching the same thing. From what I understand, the style change is for the WebHelp skin, not the Tripane skin. I haven't found a way to add a new style to the tripane skin for different icons, which is slightly infuriating me because it seems like it should be an easy add. It is also referenced on the Properties dialog box (if you bring up the properties dialog box for a topic by right clicking it in your TOC, it says, "see 'TOCEntry' in the Styles section in the Skin Editor"). But I think this is an oversight on MadCap.

We were just looking for a special icon for our landing page topic, so I was able to use the "Mark As New Icon" as my unique TOC icon (since we don't use this option). This is in the Styles tab of the Tripane Skin under Navigation --> Navigation Panel --> TOC --> Icons.

If you find a solution, please post it!