RESOLVED: Snippets behaving badly - need help

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

RESOLVED: Snippets behaving badly - need help

Post by TR Lisa »

Having some trouble with snippets this morning. Two issues so far:

1. I can see my snippet in the Resources/Snippets folder, but it's not available on the insert dialog. When I try drag and drop from Content Explorer, it gets inserted as a cross reference instead of a snippet.

2. Different snippet. Will not let me add a link to two words in the snippet. Insert is disabled from wherever I try it. Seems to be for any words in the snippet.

HTML5 output if that matters.
Other snippets are working although I haven't tested all.

Re-creating a massive help project on a super short deadline and really need some help here and probably over the next 3 weeks if stuff like this keeps happening :)

Thanks!
Last edited by TR Lisa on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Snippets behaving badly - need help

Post by TR Lisa »

Aaaaaand of course as soon as I posted this I solved one of the problems. One snippet was created as a topic rather than snippet. That explains the xref issue. I do wish that, if I'm in the resources/snippets folder, the file type would default to snippet. May put in a feature request. For the other snippet, I deleted it and re-added and now I can add links. Weird.