Content merging and project options

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Content merging and project options

Post by Louise Bennett »

Hi all,

I am building HTML5 help for a product that has a lot of documentation (over 200 guides). The content is produced in 2 different locations (India and Australia), but all the production is being done on the one machine. The method I am using is to merge the projects at run time, using a Tripane skin as this is the only output type that supports this approach. So far so good, I can get all the content to build successfully, but I am encountering some issues.

The main one I'd like some input on from those on this forum with more experience than me (i.e., most of you), is how I can customize the home page to be a little different to the rest of the topic pages. I've been reading about the different skin components etc, but they are not able to be used with Tripane. And as I said I'm sort of stuck with Tripane at the moment. So I am wondering, can I specify a different completely skin for the home page? I tried by just specifying a different one on the home page properties but it didn't work - it just gets overwritten by the project skin.

Any ideas or advice welcome :)

Louise.