How do I hide toolbar icons on home page (Tripane skin)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

How do I hide toolbar icons on home page (Tripane skin)

Post by Louise Bennett »

The subject says it all. I am using a Tripane skin and want to have toolbar icons on my topic pages but not my home page.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks, Louise.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How do I hide toolbar icons on home page (Tripane skin)

Post by NorthEast »

Doesn't quite say it all - what sort of toolbar are you talking about?

You can't hide the skin toolbar above the topic, since that's part of the Tripane skin.

You can hide the topic toolbar, since that's part of your master page. So just use a different master page for your home topic, and don't include the toolbar proxy on that master page.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Thanks Dave. I am using a different master page for the home page. Its the skin toolbar that I wanted to hide on the home page.

Ideally the home page would be quite different to the topic pages, hence the different master page. With this page being quite different, the skin toolbar doesn't really make sense. This is pretty easy to achieve with a top nav or side nav template by using the skin components, but unfortunately I'm stuck with tripane at the moment because I have to perform run-time merging.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated. I am starting to wonder whether, as a workaround,I can design a hybrid top nav or side nav/tripane solution where the links on the home page (either top nav or side nav) launch content in a tripane format.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Seems like a lot of hassle just to hide a few icons.

I don't have any ideas.

You can choose which toolbar buttons to display in a skin, but you can't change the skin for an individual topic.
You can specify a different skin when you open a topic using CSH, but you'd continue to use that skin when you navigate to other topics.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Thanks Dave. You've confirmed what I suspected.

Louise.