Logo link to start page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ron Ward
Jr. Propeller Head

Logo link to start page

Post by Ron Ward »

My current HTML5 documentation uses a filename with uppercase and lowercase letters. This works fine on Windows systems, but the documentation is now hosted on a Unix-Linux server which uses case-sensitive filenames. So when users click on the logo in the upper right corner of all pages they get a “No Results Found” error because the url contains the mixed-case filename but the actual "home page" filename is all lowercase.

How do I change the link associated with the logo?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Logo link to start page

Post by NorthEast »

Setting Use lowercase filenames in the target would fix this.
Help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... =lowercase

You can change the logo URL, but I'm not sure that's the right way to fix it. Open the skin and set the Logo Url.
Help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... logo%20url
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

It might be worth doing a search in the forums on the "use lower case filenames" setting. I think I saw a few posts that suggest problems with skins and javascript/jquery when using this setting.

(Something like, some generated folders aren't renamed? some javascript expects the specific case? Conflicts if a generated folder matches a custom folder with the same name? I can't remember exactly sorry.)
Ron Ward
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Ron Ward »

Thanks Dave Lee. I set the target to use lower case filenames and will copy the generated html files to our Unix server after I complete a series of updated pages. Hopefully this resolves the log-link issue.