Sunset Template: setting to collapse TOC entries

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jaybird
Propeller Head

Sunset Template: setting to collapse TOC entries

Post by jaybird »

Using the demo version of Flare 2018 (until I get approval to purchase). I am currently using Version 10 so am waaay behind on knowing new features.

I am trying to customize the Sunset Template...specifically, the side nav toc level 1 does not collapse. Level 1 entries stay open so that all subsequent level topics are constantly displayed. I can't figure out where to turn on collapsing Level 1 entries....SideMenu skin?

Thanks in advance
ColTOC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Sunset Template: setting to collapse TOC entries

Post by NorthEast »

The Sunset template says it's a Top Navigation template, so the menu on the left is a menu poxy - and you can't set a menu proxy to collapse.

If you want a menu that collapses, you'd need to use a Side Navigation skin.
(i.e. in the main skin, go to the Setup tab and set the Main Menu Position to Left/Right.)
jaybird
Propeller Head

Post by jaybird »

Thank you...I didn't know that about the menu proxy. I guess I would have to remove the menu proxy from the Master Page and turn on Side Nav. I was wondering why Sunset has a Top Nav skin at all because it doesn't use any menu items in that space. So much to learn.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Looking at the design of Sunset, you'd not be able to achieve exactly the same look using Side Nav.
You can style the Side Nav navigation control in the skin editor, but it'll be fixed to the left/right, and can't be positioned inside the page like that.