Making large number of HTML manuals accessible

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ninja
Jr. Propeller Head

Making large number of HTML manuals accessible

Post by Ninja »

I have stumbled along in MadCap Flare on and off for a couple of years now and I am a reasonably confident user (i.e. I recognise different features, have set up and used variables, conditions, snippets, targets, etc.).

I work for a company that produces electronic products and we are currently about to start a project that will eventually consist of around 70 - 80 HTML manuals (with about 30 - 40 topics in the TOC of each) and around 30 pdf documents (that will be made up of bits of topics set up with conditions).

I am planning to build a home page with a number of buttons that allow the reader/user to link to other pages with button selections that will help them drill down to the specific HTML manual they want to access.

Example to demonstrate what I want to do:
1. Reader opens page and (amongst other things), 5 'buttons' are displayed (e.g. Overview, Quick Links, Operator Instructions, Maintenance Instructions, and Technical Reference Material.)

2. The reader clicks on the "Operator Instructions" button. I want a list of the HTML manuals to be available. There could be something like 20 'Operator Instruction' manuals and ideally I want them grouped. Happy to have them listed as buttons (with each button linking to a ???).

Any info and ideas on how to do this would be hugely appreciated.