Drop-down text with a snippet is auto expanding in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Drop-down text with a snippet is auto expanding in output

Post by TR Lisa »

HTLM5 output. My drop-downs that have a snippet as the drop-down body are auto expanding in my output. But only if I launch the output with the default.htm file. I I open the topic directly from its output folder, the drop-down is collapsed as it should be. I've tried unbinding and rebinding, grouping and ungrouping, adding a line of text between the drop-down head and drop-down body. No change.

Here's what the code looks like.

<MadCap:dropDown>
<MadCap:dropDownHead>
<MadCap:dropDownHotspot>Add, update, or delete a note or status report</MadCap:dropDownHotspot>
</MadCap:dropDownHead>
<MadCap:dropDownBody>
<MadCap:snippetBlock src="../Matters/Matters_SN_StatusUpdate.flsnp" />
</MadCap:dropDownBody>
</MadCap:dropDown>
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Drop-down text with a snippet is auto expanding in outpu

Post by NorthEast »

You only tend to see that if you're using the search (and the term is inside the dropdown), or you have a link that points to a bookmark inside the dropdown.

What's in the snippet?

What skin are you using? Tripane, Top Nav, Side Nav?

What does "if I launch the output with the default.htm file" mean? How do you get to the topic - opening the home page and browsing to the topic, clicking on the TOC or menu, opening the topic directly using a cshid, searching for the topic... ?
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Drop-down text with a snippet is auto expanding in outpu

Post by TR Lisa »

Dave Lee wrote:You only tend to see that if you're using the search (and the term is inside the dropdown), or you have a link that points to a bookmark inside the dropdown.

What's in the snippet?

What skin are you using? Tripane, Top Nav, Side Nav?

What does "if I launch the output with the default.htm file" mean? How do you get to the topic - opening the home page and browsing to the topic, clicking on the TOC or menu, opening the topic directly using a cshid, searching for the topic... ?
Thanks for replying Dave.

HTML5 skin. Top nav.

The snippets are just bulleted or numbered lists. No bookmarks, and I'm searching for "page help", which, until a minute ago, I didn't think was a term in any of the snippets. Now I see that "page" is in some of the snippets, and "help" in others. So I think you've nailed it. And yes just seeing this when opening topics from search results. I guess I understand why it would work that way, but it does make my nice and tidy collapsed heading design for these pages look pretty ugly. I'll have to document this behavior for my customers, as the drop-down headings are a new content experience for them in our help site.

Cheers!