Link to Topics at Runtime and Sync TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kevsheehan
Propeller Head

Link to Topics at Runtime and Sync TOC

Post by kevsheehan »

I am merging at runtime two projects for a WebHelp output. I'd like to add some links from topics in the parent project to the topics in the child project. In my testing I have been able to set up a a successful link from a parent project topic to an child project topic as a link to an external file, but it doesn't sync the TOC when following the link to the child project topic. Is there a way to set up an external file link and have it sync the TOC when following the link?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Link to Topics at Runtime and Sync TOC

Post by Psider »

In previous life I did this, and I'm fairly sure the toc sync'd, although it's been a number of years now.

We manually entered the relative path based on the *output*. It showed as a broken link in Flare, but worked in the (published) output.

The workflow was something like: Insert the link as External (like you're doing). Switch to code view, and manually edit the absolute path to make it relative.

From something like this:
C:\Child1\Content\Path\to\topic.htm

It'll look something like:
..\..\Subsystems\Child1\Content\Path\to\topic.htm

The number of ..\ you need will depend on the location of the topic in your parent *output* (to get back up to the "parent" folder so you can navigate down through the Subsystems folder).