Why Doesn't Clicking a Link to a Topic Open it in the TOC?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mcollinsCAKC
Jr. Propeller Head

Why Doesn't Clicking a Link to a Topic Open it in the TOC?

Post by mcollinsCAKC »

Hello there-

I think this is probably a simple problem, but unfortunately, I haven't found an answer to it yet. I hope you can help.

I have been creating a web-based product user guide with multiple topics. I have placed hyperlinks in many of those topics to other topics in the same user guide. The hyperlinks work well enough. However, I have noticed that when jumping from one topic to another via an embedded hyperlink, the TOC doesn't open to the new topic I'm jumping to. This is a problem because many of my topics have subtopics that need to be displayed in the TOC when I send my user to the new topic via a hyperlink. If the TOC doesn't open to the top-level topic they are now sitting on, they can't see the list of subtopics so they can make a selection from the options available.

Can you help me? I need to figure out what setting ensures that the TOC along the left side is always pointing to whatever topic the user is looking at no matter how they arrived there.

Thanks-
Michael
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Why Doesn't Clicking a Link to a Topic Open it in the TO

Post by RamonS »

This might help
http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... Topics.htm

The ToC sync works only when a topic is only included once in the ToC, otherwise there is no means to determine which entry to sync to.
mcollinsCAKC
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Why Doesn't Clicking a Link to a Topic Open it in the TO

Post by mcollinsCAKC »

Thanks @RamonS, that did the trick. :D