Where do we change mailto address for customer feedback

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Where do we change mailto address for customer feedback

Post by mattf »

I would have thought that entering "change mailto" in Flare's help search would have brought up some basic information about where to set this property. But goose egg results, likewise for every other keywords I can think of for this. The Flare default customer feedback address of someone@someplace is not going to work for us. Does anyone know where to change this? I assume it's somewhere in the skin editor but I can't find it.

Thanks,
-Matt
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Where do we change mailto address for customer feedback

Post by Psider »

Maybe look in the variables?

That's where I'd put it, and would explain why there's no help, as not everyone would have the variable (for example, deleted long ago, didn't start with a sample project, etc)
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Not sure what type of help you are creating - I think they are all a bit different

In html5 top nav help, my feedback button is in the topic toolbar.
I have a skin called TopicToolBar
And under Styles > Feedback > Event the Click parameter is set with document.location.href="mailto:xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xx.xx", where xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xx.xx is the required email address.

Hope that helps point you in a different search direction
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Ah, thanks. I looked all over the SideNav skin we're using and couldn't find anything. Didn't realize there was a separate skin for the Toolbar in the Topic per se. This is what I was looking for. Thank you!
-Matt
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.