Toggle Not Working on Images in Lists

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Toggle Not Working on Images in Lists

Post by parsonsv »

I've just started changing my images to Simple Paragraph Items within lists instead of my previous method of having them as paragraph tags and then restarting the list below the image. I made the change in an attempt to force images to keep with previous in print output.

As a result, toggles are now working strangely on pages with embedded images. When I open the topic, the images are all expanded by default instead of hidden. I can click the toggle to hide the images, but on open they are all displaying and that's not what we want with toggles.

Does anyone know if there's a known issue with toggles for images that are paragraph items in a list? I haven't found any help searching for this.

****EDIT****
I applied a generic style sheet from the MadCap templates and the problem resolved. I guess I need to figure out what setting in my lists or toggles would cause this issue.
Last edited by parsonsv on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria Clarke
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Toggle Not Working on Images in Lists

Post by parsonsv »

After painstakingly copying over styles from a generic CSS to mine, I have narrowed down the reason. My images, when embedded into a list as simple paragraph items, displayed expanded instead of collapsed by the toggle because of this line in my CSS MadCap|relatedTopics

mc-help-control-display: list;

Why in the world would the style of my related topics affect the display of images in the table?

****EDIT****

When I move the Related Topics Control away from the bottom of the list (with an empty paragraph line), the problem resolves. Any ideas?
Victoria Clarke