Code Blocks for responsive online help

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wfranz
Propeller Head

Code Blocks for responsive online help

Post by wfranz »

What styles are the best styles to use to format large blocks of code in HTML5 output?

I have tried to use the pre styles. However, I noticed that if I resize the screen for the help, any text in a pre style does not automatically wrap. Instead a horizontal scroll bar is included to scroll to view the content. This is not a great responsive help user experience. Additionally, I have found that if you put a pre style within a Flare drop-down control, the content actually gets clipped without any scrollbars. This means some text cannot be viewed at all.

With this behavior I'm not sure what my best style option is. I would like the style to apply code format across multiple lines, but also be able to wrap as one would expect in a responsive help system. I think my current best option is I will have to use multiple paragraphs that implement separate code formatting. But I'm all ears if there is an easier way to do this.