Need help with "Exclude content not linked directly..."

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Need help with "Exclude content not linked directly..."

Post by whunter »

I have a very large help project, so I want to set up a slimmed-down build that I can use while testing formatting changes and such.

I created a TOC with one topic, and then set up a target that uses "Exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target." But there is no difference -- the build is still including all my topics.

I figure it has to do with my alias file, bringing in all these topics via alias mappings. So I create an alias file that has zero mappings, and I set up my target to use that alias file. No change.

So then I figure it has to do with my search filters, bringing in all these topics that are tagged with concepts. So I create a search filters file with no filters, and set up my target to use that file. No change.

I know that I can set up a condition to exclude the topics, but I don't want to do that. Does anyone have any ideas for something else I can check, to explain why the target thinks all of these files are linked and need to be included?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Need help with "Exclude content not linked directly..."

Post by NorthEast »

Are there definitely no links in the topic itself, or the master page that the topic uses?
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

Huh. There were links in the Home page, so I always expected a handful of additional topics to be included. But I guess those linked topics linked to other topics, that linked to other topics, and so on, so that a significant proportion of the original topic set was still getting included. Because now that I've removed those links, the build finishes super fast. I guess I underestimated how interconnected all the topics are! Thanks for the help.
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

It's worth looking into the difference between url links to other topics and xref links. Afaik, using an xref to a file that wouldn't usually be included in the build based on the Target/TOC settings will include it anyway.