Search not working as expected

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Search not working as expected

Postby Louise Bennett on Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 pm

I am using Flare 2018R2. The behavior is observed in both Chrome and IE 11.

I have built a search filter set, and tagged my topics accordingly. Here's what's happening:
1. If i search on a single word, all works as expected for 'all files' (the default), and for any of the filters when selected.
2. If i search on multiple words, using double quotes or without double quotes, and I select a filter, the search works as expected.
3. If I search on multiple words, using double quotes or without double quotes, and i DON'T select a filter the search doesn't work. I just get an endless progress indicator.
4. Same result if I search on multiple words, with or without double quotes, and select the All Files filter.
5. Same result if I use brackets and boolean (AND or +)

Any ideas as to why would might be happening? Is it that its just not able to process a really big number of returns? I wouldn't have thought this would be the case but I am scratching my head as to what is actually happening.

Thanks, Louise.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: Search not working as expected

Postby Louise Bennett on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:20 pm

FYI, I have found a solution to this.

If I disable 'Partial word searching' in the target, all works fine. Flare was obviously not able to cope with the size of the site when this was enabled. We have 60,000 topics.

Just to confirm, I created a test site with fewer topics, and the search worked fine with this option enabled.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:53 pm


Return to Web-based Outputs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests