adding custom tabs in the tripane HTML5 Help system

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
IPRO_JB
Propeller Head

adding custom tabs in the tripane HTML5 Help system

Post by IPRO_JB »

Hi Everyone,
My team develops online help and outputs it in HTML5 Tripane format. At the moment, we only have a TOC tab in the Left pane (no index or glossary tabs). My PM is asking if we can add a custom tab where we can add links to videos and another tab where we can point to PDFs. We do have a custom skin, but my developer says that this request isn't doable in Flare and that I'd need a custom website for it. Has anyone tried something similar with Flare? Crossing my fingers that this is doable. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Julie

P.S. In case it is useful, our Help Center is located here: https://iprohelp.iprotech.com/Cloud/Cloud
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: adding custom tabs in the tripane HTML5 Help system

Post by doc_guy »

The closest I think I've got for you is adding one tab, not two. You would add the Browse Sequence tab to the skin. Then you would change the custom text of the tab to something else like Resources. Then you could use browse sequences in your project to link to the additional content.

Not ideal, I know, but it is the closest I could come with out-of-the-box Flare capability.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

IPRO_JB
Propeller Head

Re: adding custom tabs in the tripane HTML5 Help system

Post by IPRO_JB »

Thanks, Paul. Appreciate the suggestion! I knew that the solution, if using OOB functionality, would be clunky.
Cheers,
Julie