File Path in Search Result

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

File Path in Search Result

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All,

My HTML5 output displays the file path in the search results for some reason. I searched the SearchResults skin file where I have set the Display on "Search Result Path" to "None". I though this should fix it but nothing happened?

Am I missing something? Thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: File Path in Search Result

Post by NorthEast »

I'm guessing that's because you're not using a search results proxy, as the search results skin styles that proxy. You use the search results proxy when you create your own custom search results topic.

If you're not using a search results proxy, then style the search results in the target's skin.
Herbert Poesch
Propeller Head

Post by Herbert Poesch »

If the styling of the search result via skin settings is of no success, you might try to hide the file path and name by adding some css in your topic stylesheet:

/*Do not show topic name in search result */
#resultList .url cite
{
display: none;
}

Here are some other styles for the sear result list, maybe you can use them (font sizes and colors are just examples):

/*Styles for result title and description*/
#resultList .title
{
font-size: 13.25pt;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: none;
}
#resultList .title a
{
text-decoration: none;
color: #1a0dab;
}
#resultList .title a:focus
{
text-decoration: underline;
}

#resultList .title a:hover
{
}

#resultList .description
{
font-size: 110%;
margin-right: 35%;
margin-bottom: 16pt;
line-height: 1.4;
}
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You don't need to use CSS, you just need to set the Search Result Path not to display - but make sure you set it the correct skin, and also check what medium you've selected in the skin editor.

There's also a separate Search Micro Content Response Path, for micro content link paths.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

Hi All,

This did not work either...refer to the attached image with snapshot of the SearchResults skin where I have set the Display of Search Micro Content Path Response to "None"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

It works fine for me.

Looks like you're using a custom search page, so I'd check that (a) you have selected the search results skin in your target, and (b) you have a topic that contains a search results proxy.
Arpita_17
Propeller Head

Post by Arpita_17 »

You were right...I had fix this in a different skin and it worked....sorry, brain fog at times :lol:
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by TeSol »

I'm facing the same issue. I have set the Search Results Path Display in the Search Results skin to 'None'. But the path continues to show. The correct Search results skin is selected in the Target. I do not have a custom search results page so I guess no proxy is required. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

I am still on Madcap Flare 2019 r2.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

TeSol wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:38 amI do not have a custom search results page so I guess no proxy is required. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
The search results skin is used to style the search results proxy. So if you don't have a topic in your project with a search results proxy, then you're not actually using the search results skin.
See: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... esults.htm

If you're not using a search results proxy, then just use the Search Results > Path > Layout style in the skin (top nav or side nav).
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by TeSol »

Thank you NorthEast.
Setting the Search Result Path > Layout to None in the Skin resolved this issue.