Search results page header

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Search results page header

Postby WriterAndrew on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 am

Hi,
In my HTML5 TopNav output, when you carry out a search, the search results page has a different header to the rest of the site. (It uses a different logo - most likely the very first one I used when "learning" Flare, and has a different height than the header on all other pages.)

Any suggestions where this is defined?

Thanks
WriterAndrew
Propeller Head

Re: Search results page header

Postby chrisj on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 am

Your best bet is to create a search results topic and use the Search Results Proxy so that you have more control over the look and feel of that page. There are some instructions here https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare2019/Content/Flare/Proxies/Creating-Search-Results.htm
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software
chrisj
Propeller Head

Postby WriterAndrew on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:24 am

Hi, Chris,
Yes, I have a separate search results topic that uses the search results proxy.

My issue is that when I'm using the HTML5 output, all my pages are consistently using the header I set up in my HTML5 - Top Nav skin except for the search results page.

(Although it is similar, when I first set up this project, I was using a fairly low-res version of the corporate logo. I have since updated this to use a hi-res svg file, which is used throughout the project with this one exception - the search results page is still using the old png version of the logo - so the search results page has a "fuzzy, slightly smaller" version of the logo, which "jumps position" as the search page is displayed!)

I do not remember specifically setting up the header for the search results page, and I cannot find where this is being defined!

All suggestions gratefully received!
WriterAndrew
Propeller Head

Postby tagalong on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 am

Is there an answer for this? I'm in a similar situation: I've created a child project, and am looking to use a different skin with the search results page. But despite having created a new search results skin and inserted its proxy into a new topic page, I don't see any change. I've even tried deleting the imported parent's results page.
tagalong
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby tagalong on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:11 pm

I resolved this by opening the target file, going to the Advanced tab, scrolling far down and changing the Master page. As a new user, I'm not sure if this is the best practice -- if so, it was not at all intuitive and took me hours to figure out.
tagalong
Jr. Propeller Head

Return to Web-based Outputs