Side nav menu is different when called from hbgr icon

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Finner
Propeller Head

Side nav menu is different when called from hbgr icon

Post by Finner »

My web output template is based on Flare's side navigation template. I have styled the side navigation menu to have a gray background and black font, with any selected topic turning blue and bold. When the browser display is too narrow, the side menu disappears and my replacement for the "hamburger" icon appears at the top (a button that says "Show Menu"). When I click that icon the side menu reappears, but now it has a black background and white font. My question is, what controls the appearance of the redisplayed side navigation menu?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Side nav menu is different when called from hbgr icon

Post by Nita Beck »

In your side nav skin, you need to also style the various things for the tablet medium. (I'm pretty sure that whatever you do for tablet medium will also be used for mobile medium.)

This topic gives an overview: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Styles.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Finner
Propeller Head

Post by Finner »

Thank you--I'm making progress.

Is there a way to ensure that the side navigation menu never disappears? I find it disorienting that I have to click a button to bring it back.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Set the Tablet / Mobile Breakpoint to a high value - see the help https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... breakpoint