Help Button in Tripane Skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Help Button in Tripane Skin

Post by Matze »

Hi all,
in my HTML5 online help I have created a new toolbar button, when clicked a topic will be opened. Works fine.
This topic should show a help topic about the help elements in the online help - a help for this help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HelpButton_Tripane.jpg
This button has a skin event:
HelpButton_Tripane_Skin.jpg
The event is this one:

window.open("../../SSW_STM/ServiceSoftware_Onlinehelp_HTML5/Content/0_Top_General/Help_Onlinehelp.htm", "_self");

What I want: When clicking, the topic "Help_Onlinehelp.htm" should open in the topic container.
But it will currently opened as new tab / window without the 3-pane style.

That means, the "_self" attribute at the end of the event does not work. I guess the problem is, that "_self" is the whole complete window and not the topic-container, because the button is not inside of the topic container.

Is their any way to specify the "_self" attribute to lets say "open the topic in the topic container from flare"?

Thanks a lot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Help Button in Tripane Skin

Post by devjoe »

That happened because you are not loading the topic through the skin. Take a look at the URL for the topic you want when you load it normally. It should look something like
somesite/somepath/Default.htm#somefolder/sometopic.htm
Default.htm is, effectively, the skin. It's the shell file that displays the skin as well as loads a topic into the topic frame of that skin. The shell uses the part after the # as a path to a topic to load into the skin.
Instead of using the path that you have, change the link to point to #somefolder/sometopic.htm (perhaps #0_Top_General/Help_Onlinehelp.htm for your case assuming that resides in the content folder of your project) and keep it pointing to _self and it should work.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You can reload the page using the URL for a CSH call, which will reload both the skin and topic.

For example:

Code: Select all

window.location = "Default.htm#0_Top_General/Help_Onlinehelp.htm";
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

What you have to realize is that the content in that topic is inside an iframe. So what you need your script to do is to change the source of the iframe window. But the button is outside the iframe, so "self" is the page it is on, which is to say the whole page, not just the space the content occupies.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog