Selecting new content to publish

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Cramptoni
Jr. Propeller Head

Selecting new content to publish

Post by Cramptoni »

Hi all, my first post and thanks for all the useful help from all of you on other questions I've had. I cannot seem to fathom out this one though. I have published all my content successfully many times. However today I have create a new topic (N_API Menu) within the Content folder.
When I now try to either build or publish, it comes up with an error stating "Failed to parse master page file unable to find file" etc. Do I have to select this new topic (N_API menu) to tell Madcap to include it in the build/publish or it it something else i'm missing.
Please see attached screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrisj
Propeller Head

Re: Selecting new content to publish

Post by chrisj »

This is typically because the master page applied in the topic properties does not exist, or is conditioned to not build in your specific target. My experience is that this usually happens if you are creating topics by copying from an existing topic or using an existing topic as the template. So, the first place I would look for troubleshooting is if the master page exists/is conditioned to build in your target.
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software
Cramptoni
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Selecting new content to publish

Post by Cramptoni »

Many thanks ChrisJ

Following your suggestion, I've looked at the master page and spotted the error in the topic properties. It was not conditioned to build the specific target (including the new topic I had created). It was due to copying an existing topic.

Many thanks