Remove unreferenced images from Skin file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets

Remove unreferenced images from Skin file

Postby awinnefeld on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 am

I worked on a topic toolbar this morning and did a bit of finetuning on the icons. In the process, new copies of the icons where added to the skin every time I made some minor changes and linked to a new version of the icon. I would like to remove this clutter.

According to this help topic, there is a way to delete unreferenced images in the "General" tab of the skin editor. The thing is, when I open a skin, there is no "General" tab. For a topic toolbar skin, I only get "Setup", "Styles" and "UI Text". I am sure there is an obvious place to look for this option, but for now I can't figure it out :?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
awinnefeld
Propeller Head

Re: Remove unreferenced images from Skin file

Postby awinnefeld on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:03 am

I stumbled over Dave Lee's solution in this topic and was able to get rid of the icons by deleting them from the flskn file in Notepad++. Problem solved :)
awinnefeld
Propeller Head

Postby ChoccieMuffin on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 am

Perhaps we need to make a feature request to allow us to keep the skin file neat and tidy. I'm going to add a request, feel free to click the link in my signature to do the same. :)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2019r1.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Postby Dave Lee on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 am

awinnefeld wrote:According to this help topic, there is a way to delete unreferenced images in the "General" tab of the skin editor. The thing is, when I open a skin, there is no "General" tab.

That option is only for Tripane skins - the topic conveniently hides the information in the notes at the bottom, rather than say the "outputs supported" section where you'd expect to find it?! MadCap hide any skin-specific information like this in all their topics, so always check the notes.

The issue is more of a problem for Tripane as it also includes all the unreferenced images when it builds in the output. If you use Top Nav / Side Nav, the unreferenced images aren't included in the output, but I guess they do clutter up your skin file.
Dave Lee
Master Propellus Maximus

Return to Web-based Outputs