TopicToolbarProxy not appearing in compiled topic

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Finner
Propeller Head

TopicToolbarProxy not appearing in compiled topic

Post by Finner »

I am using a template based on side navigation. I want the Previous, Next, and Print buttons always to appear at the top of the topic area, at the right. I want the breadcrumbs to appear at the top of the topic area at the left. I have inserted a topic toolbar proxy into the MasterPage.flmsp, and created a TopicToolbar skin that includes PreviousTopic, NextTopic, and Print. The margin of the toolbar is set to Left 0, Right 20, Top -45, and Bottom 0.

My problem is that neither the breadcrumbs nor the buttons appear when I compile the help. I do have a separate project in which the breadcrumbs and buttons do appear, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is about that project that's making it behave correctly! Any suggestions on where to look for the problem?
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TopicToolbarProxy not appearing in compiled topic

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Have you checked in your Primary Target, in the Skin tab, that you have your Topic Toolbar Skin specified (rather than a value of (default)??
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: TopicToolbarProxy not appearing in compiled topic

Post by NorthEast »

Sounds like it's not using your master page.
Check you've selected the correct default MasterPage in the target Advanced tab.
Also check if the topic you're looking at has a different master page set in topic properties.