Menu Links Jump to the Wrong Source

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
shoria
Propeller Head

Menu Links Jump to the Wrong Source

Post by shoria »

I am importing several user manuals, some of which have the same content, so instead of having two sets of topics for the same content, I only want one set of topics that I can link to form both "Top Level" topics.

Example, in the User Manual, the chapter "Customizing your profile" is the exact same as the one in the Admin manual. Instead of repeating the topics, I want to link to the same set in the TOC for both the User and Admin manuals. To put it another way, the topic exists once in my project, but is linked to twice in the TOC/menu.

When I do this, however, and I navigate to the "Customizing your profile" in the User menu, it jumps to "Customizing your profile" in the Admin menu. On the breadcrumb trail at the top it says "Admin > Customizing your profile". This is inconvenient, for one, as the site visitor now has to navigate back to the User menu, but also confusing since they would have no clue how they got there.

Does anyone else have any issues or fixes?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Menu Links Jump to the Wrong Source

Post by Nita Beck »

You'll find information on how to achieve what you're after in this Flare Help topic: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ntries.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
shoria
Propeller Head

Re: Menu Links Jump to the Wrong Source

Post by shoria »

Thank you Nita!! That worked.