customizing side-nav skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
amo7een
Jr. Propeller Head

customizing side-nav skin

Post by amo7een »

:roll: Hello,

I know other people have run into this issue, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what I need. I began with a html5 side-nav template and need to customize it very little. No matter what I do, I can't fully customize the header (there is an invisible object that is driving me crazy--I see it when I inspect the page, but can't find it otherwise.) Also, I tried using flexbox styling to add a background and I can't center it! Lastly, I can't seem to get the footer down the page as far as I want it. My Help site will never be printed or viewed on a mobile device, btw.

It seems like time to abandon the side-nav and use a different template--even though what I want to build is very simple: a left-side menu, a background, a header with a logo and a search bar, a couple of icons with links in the middle of the page, and a footer with our contact info.

I have a development team here, anyone have suggestions?

I've uploaded an image of the issues (background watermark isn't centered, footer is too high on the page, and I can't get the search bar to move any further to the left without losing responsiveness when I resize the window)!

Thanks! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amitkapoor
Propeller Head

Re: customizing side-nav skin

Post by amitkapoor »

:-)

Similar challenges and no one to help in the forum. What I am going to try is Zurb and then if that doesnt work, I will customize the CSS and use some javascript to achieve my customizations. Now, everyone says that Flare output is customizable, I think it takes good effort to make that happen.