Using Swagger Alongside Flare-produced docs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Using Swagger Alongside Flare-produced docs

Post by oceanclub »

HI all,

I've seen some tutorials that involved taking Swagger documentation and importing it into Flare. However, IMO this doesn't seem very efficient as it involves importing and processing the files any time that developers make updates, plus the output never looks very good.

Rather we're wondering if it's more efficient to create quick start/introductory API guides in Flare which are hosted as online help on a portal, which can reference Swagger documentation hosted separately online but with the same look and feel as the Flare online help.

Has anyone done anything similar or know of anything like that?

Regards,

Paul
eroselli
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Using Swagger Alongside Flare-produced docs

Post by eroselli »

I'm trying to do something like that. The closest I have come is by using an iframe and calling the swagger file from a URL. Somthing like:

Code: Select all

<p><iframe src="url_path_to_file.json" width="1500" height="2000" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  </p>
I now want to split up the Swagger file into different APIs so that there is only one per section, so I can fit the enriching text, out of Flare, around it more contextually.