Search Bar is displayed with a highlight-like rectangle

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
skalgutkar
Jr. Propeller Head

Search Bar is displayed with a highlight-like rectangle

Post by skalgutkar »

Hi Everyone,

I have been encountering a strange thing in HTML5 Output, only when I use Chrome to view it. The issue is as follows:
On clicking inside the Search Bar, clicking the Filter button, or clicking the Search Submit button, a container rectangle box appears outside each of them (Search Bar, Filter button, and Search Submit button). Please see the attached image.
SearchBarContainerRectangle.png
Note that this doesn't occur while using Internet Explorer or Firefox. Also, it started happening after I upgraded to MadCap Flare 2019 r2 (latest version).

Thank you,
Shrutika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Valiant
Propeller Head

Re: Search Bar is displayed with a highlight-like rectangle

Post by Valiant »

I see the same thing. I'm adding this to my other two oddities I noticed in 2019 R2.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32073
Valiant
Propeller Head

Re: Search Bar is displayed with a highlight-like rectangle

Post by Valiant »

I submitted this to MadCap technical support. After some research they reported that this is a new feature, added for section 508 compliance. I guess this fell under "Accessibility Improvements for HTML5 Output".
Per their response, the blue outline can be disabled by adding this code to the stylesheet:
:focus { outline: none; }

I haven't tried it yet as I went back to the original Flare 2019 release because of other issues I'm having with 2019 R2.