Generate a few topics to show someone else

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Generate a few topics to show someone else

Post by TechWriter85 »

Hi, all.
I am working on an HTML5 project with dozens of topics.

I want to show a developer two topics, which contain hyperlinks to two more topics.

I've created a TOC containing only the two main topics, and kept that TOC active, but when I build to HTML5, I get the complete project. What am I missing?

And once my two-topic HTML5 system is generated, how do I get it to someone else? I am used to sending someone a .chm file, which is all bundled and tidy. How do you get HTML5 output to someone? I mean, the finished Help system. I don't mean editable Flare files. My reviewer does not have Flare.

Thanks very much.

--Nancy
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Generate a few topics to show someone else

Post by doloremipsum »

A couple of things that might be tripping you up:
  • When you say 'kept that TOC active', what do you mean exactly? It's not enough to set a TOC as the Primary for the project - you need to tell the target which TOC to use.
  • To prevent Flare from building the entire project, make sure that the 'Exclude Files not Directly or Indirectly Linked from Target' option is checked (in Target Editor > Advanced).
If I were you I would just create a ZIP of the whole output folder and send it over. The developer can then unzip it and view the topics by opening them directly, or by clicking Default.htm.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.