Relative links in micro content are removed in error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Relative links in micro content are removed in error

Post by wclass »

I have just started using micro content but have come across a few issues.
I created some micro content successfully in a number of ways - entering directly into the micro content editor, using snippets, and linking to other files - all worked well.
Then I tried adding some links into the micro content. If the link was to another place in the project, or if the full path was hard coded, the links worked. However, I wanted to use a relative path, and it looks like these path urls are being processed, and getting broken in that process.

For example, we have output for a number of apps that is published as follows:

App1
--default.htm
--\Content
--\whatever …

App2
--default.htm
--\Content
--\whatever …

A topic in the Content folder for the first app can reference something in the second app using a relative reference such as:

../../app2/Content/training.htm

However, when I put this into micro content (in a topic or a snippet), the double dots to the parent folders get stripped.
We also tried using javascript with onclick to grab known topic pages - for example in standard text we have no trouble using something like the following to grab the beginning of a path and linking to a known page. This gets stripped and then just href="#" is put in place.

Code: Select all

<a href="#" onclick="window.open(window.location.href.replace(/\/[^\/]+\/Content\/.+$/i, '/app2/Content/training.htm'));" >Related Training Pages</a>
Has anyone got micro content to work with relative links in the content?
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne