Different size font in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
scotttruelove
Jr. Propeller Head

Different size font in output

Post by scotttruelove »

Hi,

I have changed the Madcap Proxy Menu font size to 18pt and it shows up fine when I open from within Flare, but when I upload to my server and view online, the size has gone back to 12pt. Is there any way to fix this?
Scott
Wannabe MadCap Evangelist
Australia
bunnycat
Propeller Head

Re: Different size font in output

Post by bunnycat »

scotttruelove wrote:Hi,

I have changed the Madcap Proxy Menu font size to 18pt and it shows up fine when I open from within Flare, but when I upload to my server and view online, the size has gone back to 12pt. Is there any way to fix this?
There may be a couple things going on:
[*]Caching on your remote server(s) - we've had challenges with web hosts (Akamai) that have server farms / bunch of edge servers where not all of the edge servers get the correct CSS files coming from the Flare skins. Does your hosting service have the ability to purge their edge server cache? If you host things yourself, maybe bounce IIS or whatever technology hosts your site.
[*]Browser session fixation - I've seen this a ton of times in our own topnav outputs - our helpful little browsers hold on to things from your browsing sessions to keep you from having to login to sites repeatedly. It seems chronic with Chrome and Top Nav proxies especially. Especially during style update testing. We have to tell internal viewers to clear their local browser cache and/or refresh the page to get the latest. Shift+F2. Is a complete pain.

You may be able to diagnose whether your output actually made the changes by opening an incognito window in your browser. If you still see the incorrect font sizes in the incognito window, you can then be assured that the font really wasn't changed (and it's not just a false evidence because of server or browser session fixation caching). You can then use the browser tools to Inspect the element and perhaps track back the problem to a style inheritance.

-CAT