List of figures displays differently in HTML5 vs PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
miseryshusband
Jr. Propeller Head

List of figures displays differently in HTML5 vs PDF

Post by miseryshusband »

My customer wants a page with a "List of Figures" at the front of the project. I have figured out how to get the figures to number the same in the HTML output as the PDF output. What I cant figure out, is how to get the List of Figures proxy to display the numbers in the HTML output.
list_of_figures-pdf.png
PDF Output
list_of_figures-html.png
HTML Output

If it can be done, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: List of figures displays differently in HTML5 vs PDF

Post by Nita Beck »

I'd look in your stylesheet. I assume that the auto-number format for your figure title selector has beed defined in the medium you're using for PDF instead of in the default medium. If this is the case, define the auto-number format in the default medium instead. That should cause the numbers to appear in your HTML5 output.

That said, I see that you're using (I'm guessing) {chapnum} as part of the auto-number format, and I assume you're using chapter breaks in the PDF TOC and telling Flare to increment the chapter number. Off the top of my head (I don't have access to Flare at the moment), I'm not sure if Flare will completely ignore the chapter break settings when it builds your HTML5 output, assuming you're using the same TOC.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
miseryshusband
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by miseryshusband »

Nita Beck wrote:I'd look in your stylesheet. I assume that the auto-number format for your figure title selector has beed defined in the medium you're using for PDF instead of in the default medium. If this is the case, define the auto-number format in the default medium instead. That should cause the numbers to appear in your HTML5 output.
Thanks for getting back to me. Below is my css code for things that could be affecting this. I am not seeing why it isn't appearing. I have used code for the entire project as it is easier for me than Flare's GUI.

Code: Select all

MadCap|listOfProxy
{
	padding-left: 0;
	padding-top: 0;
	margin-top: 0;
	border-top-width: 0px;
	border-top-style: none;
	mc-leader-format: '.';
	mc-leader-offset: 3px;
	margin-left: 5px;}

@media print{
MadCap|listOfProxy
{
	padding-left: 0;
	padding-top: 0;
	margin-top: 0;
	border-top-width: 0px;
	border-top-style: none;
	mc-leader-format: '.';
	mc-leader-offset: 3px;
	margin-left: -5px;
}}

MadCap|xref.ListOfPageNumber
{
	mc-format: '{quote}{paratext}{quote} {pageref}';
}

div.figure p.figurecount
{
	margin: 0 0 0 0;
	page-break-before: avoid;
	font-size: 11pt;
	font-weight: bold;
	mc-auto-number-format: 'CF:Figure {chapnum}-{n+}. ';
}

p.tablect
{
	font-weight: bold;
	margin-bottom: 3px;
	text-align: center;
	page-break-after: avoid;
	font-size: 11pt;
	mc-auto-number-format: 'CT:Table {chapnum}-{n+}. ';
}

Nita Beck wrote:That said, I see that you're using (I'm guessing) {chapnum} as part of the auto-number format, and I assume you're using chapter breaks in the PDF TOC and telling Flare to increment the chapter number. Off the top of my head (I don't have access to Flare at the moment), I'm not sure if Flare will completely ignore the chapter break settings when it builds your HTML5 output, assuming you're using the same TOC.
I am using different TOC's because the pages at the front of the pdf are ordered slightly different. That being said. My tables and figures number the same in the pdf and HTML output because I put the chapter breaks in the correct places in the HTML output. I was actually shocked it works. I thought I was going to have to use global numbering in the HTML output.

I should note that I am using 2018 R2 in order to publish this project. 2019r2 seems to have an issue with the java I am using to make images maps responsive but that is another issue all together that I have contacted FLARE about.

Thanks again
Bryan
IFU
Propeller Head

Post by IFU »

I am having the same problem. The list of elements generated in the HTML5 output does not include the auto-generated item number even though the auto-generated number appears in the actual page. The number does appear in the list of items generated in the PDF output but not in the HTML5 output.
indexExercises.PNG
exercise2.PNG
Any ideas?

Thanks

Isabelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.