TopNav menu missing in online output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Miharu
Jr. Propeller Head

TopNav menu missing in online output

Post by Miharu »

Hi :)

I have an HTML5 output that I publish through SharePoint (for various reasons, I use a workaround: create aspx topics with my build, then copy/paste the complete Output folder's content into the destination SharePoint folder in File explorer).

I've been successfully publishing until today. As usual, I created the aspx topics and finished the build, but after moving the content into SharePoint, I noticed that the entire TopNav menu disappeared from my build's home page and standard pages created with aspx. If I create a standard html output without the aspx extension, then the TopNav menu appears.
I'm confused because I haven't changed my stylesheets (for the home and standard pages), the TOC/Top Navigation skin are still connected to the target, my master pages for the home/standard pages haven't changed...

I'm afraid this is probably a simple problem :cry: but I haven't been able to resolve this so I would appreciate any feedback!
Miharu
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: TopNav menu missing in online output

Post by Miharu »

After a day of tweaking things and making changes unsuccessfully, I decided to give my original project one more try: I went back to my original project, built the aspx output, and manually published it to SharePoint (under a different SharePoint folder) in File Explorer. Oddly, the topnav works completely fine now.
In File Explorer, I then renamed that SharePoint folder to the original folder name, and I arrived to my problem again... topnav with no TOC. So,I tried the same with SharePoint in Internet Explorer—renamed the folder there, and wow, the online output with topnav now works.
So in the end, I'm not sure which specific thing in SharePoint caused the problem, but now I know I should always do any SharePoint-related changed in Internet Explorer.
shabbirc
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: TopNav menu missing in online output

Post by shabbirc »

Hello Miharu,

I would be really interested to know as to how you build the aspx output in Madcap Flare? As I am unable to find a setting in my HTML5 Target to generate the output in aspx format that is supported by SharePoint.

Thanks,
Shabbir