background image in page footer?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head

background image in page footer?

Post by chuck_agari »

Can I use standard HTML/CSS to put a background image in a page footer?

I tried this in the master page used for HTML5 output:

Code: Select all

<MadCap:pageFooter MadCap:conditions="Agari.Online Only">
            <p class="topicfooter" style="background-image: url('../Images/Agari_footer_dots.png');">
                -  Topic last updated: <MadCap:variable name="Variables_Global.LastUpdatedDate" />  -  Copyright © <MadCap:variable name="Variables_Global.CurrentYear" /> <MadCap:variable name="Variables_Global.Company Name (Long)" />   -</p>
        </MadCap:pageFooter>
I added the style attribute to the paragraph element with the topicfooter class. However, I do not see the graphic in the output, in 2 browsers (Chrome & Firefox). What am I missing?
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: background image in page footer?

Post by chuck_agari »

Well, never mind, sort of. I found the .topicfooter class in the CSS and added this:

Code: Select all

background-image: url("../Images/Agari_footer_dots.png");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: bottom left;
height: 80px;
This worked, as far as giving me what I wanted, a background image in the footer of a topic.

I've not figured out yet how to make that into a non-scrollable region at the bottom of a page. But it looks like that might be significantly more complex, so I'm leaving it like this for now. It's just not at the bottom for short topics.