Crosslinking to hidden DIVs on topic pages

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
OZScott
Propeller Head

Crosslinking to hidden DIVs on topic pages

Post by OZScott »

Hoping someone might some suggestions to help me resolve this issue:

The design of our support system means that Overview pages have multiple sub-sections with their own "tabs" used to display (and hide) content.

1) Javascript is used to determine the clicked tab and display/hide the relevant content areas... but this means that my team members (who aren't web developers and 99% only work with Flare's visual view) aren't able to create crosslinks to the hidden div sections (either on the page itself, or from other topics within the project)

Any thoughts on how to get around this? I had thought creating a special XRef Class that would set style="display:block" might work... but it didn't...
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Crosslinking to hidden DIVs on topic pages

Post by NorthEast »

That's something you need to handle yourself in your javascript.
For example, the code could check for an ID/bookmark reference in the URL (e.g. #bookmark), and then display the tab that contains that ID.

If you use Flare's togglers or dropdowns, they will automatically open to display any IDs/bookmarks.
OZScott
Propeller Head

Re: Crosslinking to hidden DIVs on topic pages

Post by OZScott »

I tried looking at the togglers, but it seems they're limited to either only showing or only hiding everything targeted - ie, can't simultaneously hide one section while then displaying another? Love to be corrected if I'm wrong as that would solve everything.

Will keep trying to figure out / learn Javascript