"Missing linked source file" in Translation of Flare Project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
JayPritchett
Jr. Propeller Head

"Missing linked source file" in Translation of Flare Project

Post by JayPritchett »

Hey guys,

I am currently working on the translation of a MadCap Flare project as HTML5 output. The Lingo project is regularly linked in Flare under "Target" --> "HTML5" --> "Language". However, the following problem occurs:

While the source language version works fine, some topics are not displayed in the output of the translated version. I can't recognize a real system: Sometimes all topics of a folder are not displayed, sometimes only one topic of a folder is not displayed while the others work. In the flare logfile, all topics that do not work show the error "Missing linked source file" and the ErrorID="10001". During the Lingo translation process no error message is displayed.

I have already tried a few things:

1. rebuilt the topics in Flare. --> Same problem
2. linked the topics in the output --> Same problem
3. I isolated the broken translation topics (including the top folder) from the project and inserted them into a new/separate project --> Topics do work! I copied these topics from the separate project into the original project, linked them etc. --> Topics did not work again.

Especially point 3 makes me very suspicious. Why do the translations of the topics that do not work in my origin project work when I copy them into a separate project without changing anything?

I would be very grateful if someone had a solution to this problem because this is the last aspect that prevents us from launching the entire project.