Capturing votes, feedback, and search results in HTML5 outpu

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
aharper12
Propeller Head

Capturing votes, feedback, and search results in HTML5 outpu

Post by aharper12 »

Hi everyone,

We are outputting HTML5 help centres, hosted in Azure. Question - what is anyone/everyone else doing to capture user voting, feedback on topics/articles, and search results with and without results? We have Pulse but we are finding that it is very inconsistent, only offers star ratings (our users seem to prefer thumbs up/down) and does not allow filtering by IP or text-based feedback.

Does anyone have any 3rd party plugins, or anything else, they have tried. I know that Madcap is looking at Central to become its new hub for analytics but it is not there yet.

Thanks!
Adriana
Chris B
Propeller Head

Re: Capturing votes, feedback, and search results in HTML5 o

Post by Chris B »

For analytics, that's easy, you can use Google Analytics and build out reports any way you like in Google Data Studio, but I'm curious if anyone has found a good way to get reader feedback either through voting or comments?
scap
Propeller Head

Re: Capturing votes, feedback, and search results in HTML5 o

Post by scap »

Chris B wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:06 pm For analytics, that's easy, you can use Google Analytics and build out reports any way you like in Google Data Studio, but I'm curious if anyone has found a good way to get reader feedback either through voting or comments?
Bump, what's everyone using?
Chris B
Propeller Head

Re: Capturing votes, feedback, and search results in HTML5 outpu

Post by Chris B »

We ended up using an in house solution via an embedded iFrame. I imagine the same thing could be done using Google forms assuming you could pass a few variables through to the form. We were able to pass through the topic title and the file name which was enough for us to identify the topic in question.