"Null" appearing in image thumbnail - Firefox

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
temoff
Jr. Propeller Head

"Null" appearing in image thumbnail - Firefox

Post by temoff »

Hello everyone,
I ran into an issue on Firefox recently where the expanding thumbnail for an image will display 'null' before populating with the correct image once the file is loaded. Once the image is cached in the browser, the thumbnail expands and contracts as expected. The attached screenshot displays the expanded thumbnail immediately before the correct image was displayed.

I found a question on this topic from 2015 but there were no answers then. Hopefully someone can now help. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Re: "Null" appearing in image thumbnail - Firefox

Post by Louise Bennett »

I think I found a solution to this - at least this worked for me.

When I opened the folder containing my images in Windows Explorer, I found that some had a preview (thumbnail) of the image and some showed a standard windows image icon. The images that were returning the Null message were represented by the windows icon. When I opened those images in Paint and re-saved them as the same name and same format (PNG), I got the usual message about replacing the existing image, then another one saying that any transparency would be lost if I saved the image. I said yes to both messages and hey presto, the image was now a thumbnail in the folder instead of the Windows icon.

I then rebuilt the topic in Flare and the image worked in Thumbnail view as expected.

Hopefully it might work for you too. All my images causing problems were PNG format.

Louise.