Deliver compiled help in one file?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Deliver compiled help in one file?

Post by Vibeke B »

Hello!

I am wondering whether it is possible to deliver a compiled HTML help with e.g. SideNav in just one file, just like we could with the old CHM file? So we can send the customer or user our compiled help but not give them all our html files and images etc. used as source. This would be a really great feature to have!

Kind regards,
Vibeke
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Deliver compiled help in one file?

Post by Nita Beck »

You can’t do so directly with Flare. The only single-file Help output is CHM. When I need to send someone a copy of HTML5 output, I just zip the folder that contains the output and send that zip file along with instructions to unzip the file and then to double-click the startup file. That’ll then launch the output in the recipient’s default browser.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Post by Vibeke B »

Hi Nita

That's what I do at the moment too, but only to internal colleagues, because you when you zip this, you zip all your content. I don't really want to give external people access to all my files and images.

br Vibeke
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I'm not clear on what you mean by it zips all your content. I want to make sure that we are talking apples to apples not apples to oranges. I'm talking about zipping the folder that contains Flare's output, not Flare's source project. You would zip outside of Flare, NOT use Flare's Project > Zip Project functionality, which is to zip up the source.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Vibeke B
Propeller Head

Post by Vibeke B »

If I zip the folder with my online output, it contains all the html and png files. I understand that it does not contain all the pagelayouts etc. That is what I mean by my content. But you have answered my question, thanks.