TOC modification for Micro content?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
chrisjoseph
Jr. Propeller Head

TOC modification for Micro content?

Post by chrisjoseph »

Is there a way to modify the TOC that appears after you search for micro content using the search bar? When our help loads for the first time, the TOC appears as expected, but after you search for a micro content, the appearance of TOC is not as expected. After all other operations, such as clicking a TOC item or performing a general search, the appearance of the TOC is normal and as expected. This bug seems to be present with the default tripane HTML5 skin provided by Flare. Just looking for a way to change the appearance. Is there any element in the Styles tab under the HTML Skin Editor that will help me change the look of the TOC after you specifically search for micro content. I saw the available elements and nothing seems to work.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC modification for Micro content?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Is this on your search results page?

If so, I got round it by not displaying the TOC on my search results page, because it's not actually relevant.

If it's what you see once you've clicked your microcontent to get to whatever topic it's in, then that's a different question that I can't answer.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
chrisjoseph
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by chrisjoseph »

Well not exactly on the search display page (because internally I feel Flare is handling them in a different way). I consider the search display page as the one which appears after you search for any random content (not micro content). In this case the TOC appears to be as expected and as it was in the loading page. Only after you search for a micro content and the micro content results are displayed, The TOC deviates from its original look and feel.
TOC_issue.png
We don't generally prefer hiding our TOC after a search, but I would be willing to try that out to see if the TOC hides in both the cases 1) with normal search and 2) with micro content search. We would also need to check how the TOC opens up afterwards, that is does it open up after you click a result in the search and so on. Would appreciate if you tell me how to hide the TOC after a search. Was having a look at the settings and could not find anything that would hide the TOC after a search.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I'm using a TopNav project, which I don't think is what you're using, so my "solution" might not work for you, but it's probably worth a try.

On the stylesheet I added:

html.search-results .sidenav-wrapper /*Removes the side navigation from the search results page*/
{
display: none;
}

You'll have to check to see if that works for you. If it doesn't, inspect the code on your output to identify what the specific bits are called, as they might not be exactly the same for your project.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
aneedell
Propeller Head

Post by aneedell »

I have the same problem with micro content in tripane skins: it presents the search results in an oversized font size and alters the presentation of the navigation pane. The only way to restore the appearance nav pane is to click the logo to return to our 'welcome' pane. Not good. Everything works as expected in our side-navigation skin, however, so I have not yet taken the time to search for a solution to the tripane problem. BTW, I am running Flare 2021.
Imke
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Imke »

I have exactly the same problem as aneedell with micro content in my tripane skin with Flare 2021.
We only use the tripane skin, so this problem prevents me from using Micro Content, which is a real shame.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?
aneedell
Propeller Head

Post by aneedell »

When I brought this to the attention of MadCap, they acknowledged that it is a bug (which is not fixed in Flare 2022 r3).