Customising HTML sidenav expander icon

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bubble_ferret
Jr. Propeller Head

Customising HTML sidenav expander icon

Post by bubble_ferret »

Hello,

I'm using the HTML5 Side Navigation skin and I'd like to change the expander icon and its position. I have this code based on another forum post (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31199), which works for changing it to the icon I want to use:

Code: Select all

.is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle     /* Removes the default arrow/triangle */
{
   border: none;
}

.is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle-container:after     /* Adds an icon for when the menu is collapsed  */
{
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free";
    content: "\f105";
    font-size: 14pt;
    color: #e5e5e5;
    top: 10px;
}

.is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle-container[aria-expanded='true']:after   /* Adds an icon for when the menu is expanded */
{
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free";
    font-size: 14pt;
    content: "\f107";
    color: #e5e5e5;
    top: 10px;
}

.is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle-container     /* Adjusts the positioning to center it - adjust to your needs */
{
   height: 60%;
}

[aria-expanded='true'].is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle     /* Stops the icon from flipping upside down when you expand the menu */
{
    -webkit-transform-origin: none;
   -ms-transform-origin: none;
   transform-origin: none;
    -webkit-transform: none;
   -ms-transform: none;
   transform: none;
}
However, I'd like the icons to be on the left side of the titles. I have a right-pointing arrow for collapsed menu items, and a downward-pointing one for expanded items. When I tried to place the icons to the left, I couldn't work out how to change the icon to the downward pointing arrow for when the menu item is expanded. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!
DaveMags
Propeller Head

Re: Customising HTML sidenav expander icon

Post by DaveMags »

If you haven't solved this yet, you can try adding a left value here:

Code: Select all

.is-accordion-submenu-parent > a span.submenu-toggle-container   
{
   height: 60%;
   left: 0px;
}
You can adjust the value (including using a negative value) to get the positioning correct.