Display problems with the side nav template

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jenniferf
Jr. Propeller Head

Display problems with the side nav template

Post by jenniferf »

Hi everyone,

I am using the HTML5 Side Nav template and having some difficulties with the styles. I have set the styles for the nav panel in the skin (on the Styles tab), and the changes display in Flare as intended. However . . . when I preview the output, the styles in the navigation panel display correctly *only if the web browser is open at full size.* As soon as I reduce the size of the window, and invoke the nav panel using the menu button, the styles in the navigation panel change. For example, I have set the font to Arial, but as soon as I use the menu button the font changes to Times. Similarly, the background colour of the nav panel changes. Basically, the styles only work correctly if the browser window is large enough for the side nav menu to display by default. Whenever I need to use the menu button to invoke the navigation panel, that's when the styles change. The output for tablet and mobile also uses the wrong styles for the nav panel.

I cannot find any settings in the skin that control the style of the menu when it is invoked through the button. I hope someone out there knows how to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Display problems with the side nav template

Post by NorthEast »

In the skin editor Styles tab, select the Tablet Medium or Mobile Medium at the top.

Then you'll see styles listed in the Navigation section, which are for the slide-out menu that appears when you click the "hamburger" button.
jenniferf
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Display problems with the side nav template

Post by jenniferf »

Thanks Dave! I didn't expect the settings for the tablet and mobile to affect the web output, but when I changed the settings you suggested, the problems with my web menu were resolved. Thanks much!