Remove the WebHelp Accordion

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Remove the WebHelp Accordion

Post by WebHelpppp »

I was wondering if you can put links at the top (left-aligned) for Contents | Index | Search and I want to remove the accordion links at the bottom of the TOC in WebHelp.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Remove the WebHelp Accordion

Post by NorthEast »

Flare doesn't provide anything other than what's available in the skin editor. Anything else is a manual modification/hack you need to do yourself.

But unless you're stuck on a very old version of Flare (v7 ?), then I'd suggest stop using the WebHelp target, as it's very old and is on MadCap's list to be deprecated.

The Tripane skin (available from v8) sounds like it would provide the layout you want. Although I'd say the Side Nav skin (v2019) is a better option, unless you particularly need an index panel.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Post by WebHelpppp »

Thanks. We are using MC 2020 and html5 on all of our current projects, except we have a client/server project in an old language, Delphi and won't render the TOC in html5. I'm not sure what's going on since I'm not a developer. Any suggestions?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

WebHelpppp wrote:Thanks. We are using MC 2020 and html5 on all of our current projects, except we have a client/server project in an old language, Delphi and won't render the TOC in html5. I'm not sure what's going on since I'm not a developer. Any suggestions?
Not really, I think you're stuck with the accordion layout of the WebHelp skin.