Editing Search Query variables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
DaleFranks
Jr. Propeller Head

Editing Search Query variables

Post by DaleFranks »

When you perform a search, the UI Text for the HTML5 skin says something like "Your search for {query} returned {total_results} results."

In the output, the search term that is returned by the {query} var is enclosed in quotation marks, e.g., 'Your search for "search term" returned...'

I want to alter the operation of the {query} variable because when a user uses quotation marks in the search, the result is: 'Your search for ""search term"" returned...', and I want to eliminate the double quotes.

I'd like to replace the quotation marks that the {query] variable returns with some other characters, perhaps a single quote or >> << or [].

I can't for the life of me figure out where to go to change how these system variables are returned. Help?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Editing Search Query variables

Post by NorthEast »

Unfortunately, Flare doesn't provide a way to customise that in the skin.
The quotes appear to be added by Flare scripts at runtime, so your only option is to write your own script to modify that; i.e. get the text from span.query, remove/replace the quotes, then replace it with new text.
DaleFranks
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Editing Search Query variables

Post by DaleFranks »

*sigh*
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the answer.