href incompatible with popups?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
richt
Propeller Head

href incompatible with popups?

Post by richt »

I'm documenting some databases, which requires extensive cross-referencing of various values and parameters. To get around this, I've got some topics with tables, and a table cell can contain both a popup and a link.

I thought I was being clever by applying the anchor to the text in the popuphead, like so:

Code: Select all

<MadCap:popup>
<MadCap:popupHead>
<a href="#ANCHOR-POINT-XYZ">XYZ</a>
</MadCap:popupHead>
<MadCap:popupBody>
However, it seems I can have one or the other, but not both. In the preview, if I mouse over the popup head then I see the popup, but if I click the head then the link doesn't work. However, if I build the output and check it in a browser, the popup behaviour doesn't work at all but the link does. If I remove the link from the popup head, then the popup works as expected.

Any idea why this isn't working? Or rather, why the Preview and the Output work opposite to each other, but neither works properly?
Last edited by richt on Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: href incompatible with popups?

Post by NorthEast »

As it's a text popup and the editor only allows you to enter text, then I wouldn't expect it to be able to contain a link or other tags.

Try using a dropdown, and put the link in the dropdown body.
richt
Propeller Head

Re: href incompatible with popups?

Post by richt »

Unfortunately, these tables are already in their own dropdowns, and some of the rows are visible with toggles: popups are the only option for these particular cells.

I'm just confused as to why the popup behaviour works in the Preview but not in a real browser.