Search bar moved after upgrading to 2021

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
blindamood
Propeller Head

Search bar moved after upgrading to 2021

Post by blindamood »

We still use the older three-pane layout (with left-hand nav) for some of our help systems. After upgrading to the 2021 release, the Search bar has moved from being right-justified to now appearing toward the middle of the top pane. I have searched through the Skin settings to try to push it back to the right, but to no avail. There is a "Central Account Element" that is contained in the same space, and I tried moving that to the inside of the Search bar, but that also did not have any effect.

Any clues on why this changed and how to fix it? Thanks!
Flare_search_bar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Search bar moved after upgrading to 2021

Post by Nita Beck »

blindamood wrote:There is a "Central Account Element" that is contained in the same space, and I tried moving that to the inside of the Search bar, but that also did not have any effect.
Try setting that element's Display attribute to None, which will hide (suppress) it from output. That might then allow the Search bar to be positioned at the right edge of the page. This is theoretical. I haven't tried this myself.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
blindamood
Propeller Head

Post by blindamood »

Nita Beck wrote:
blindamood wrote:There is a "Central Account Element" that is contained in the same space, and I tried moving that to the inside of the Search bar, but that also did not have any effect.
Try setting that element's Display attribute to None, which will hide (suppress) it from output. That might then allow the Search bar to be positioned at the right edge of the page. This is theoretical. I haven't tried this myself.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
blindamood
Propeller Head

Post by blindamood »

Nita Beck wrote:Try setting that element's Display attribute to None, which will hide (suppress) it from output. That might then allow the Search bar to be positioned at the right edge of the page. This is theoretical. I haven't tried this myself.
I tried everything I could think of related to the layout of the top pane, but no go. I submitted a bug to MadCap. We'll see what happens...
blindamood
Propeller Head

Post by blindamood »

After further review by the MadCap support team, it was entered as a bug (#169547). It actually appears to have been introduced in 2020r3, but was not noticed as I did not upgrade to that version. Instead I went from 2020r2 straight to 2021. So, reinstalling 2020r2 has allowed me to continue updating my existing tri-pane help with a right-aligned Search box. :|